Rutland Cycling Returns Policy
Please read and fully understand this policy before returning goods to us.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the item is returned to us in a safe and secure manner, we suggest that you use a recorded postal/courier service. Please ensure that the service you use covers the value of the goods in the parcel.
If you wish to exchange an item for any reason the quickest and simplest way to do this is to place a new order for the item you want and return the other item for a refund.
Whilst I had issues with the Giant Defy Advanced 2 only a few weeks after purchasing the bike, with problems with the wheel, the response and turnaround to get this sorted asap was excellent and really appreciated. Different options were provided (i.e. a sum was mentioned or alternatively new wheels would be provided), and I chose the latter. Within a few days of the claim I was back on my bike, which is important as I have L'etape Du Tour in France in a couple of weeks. So a big thanks to John for his efforts in resolving this quickly. I would certainly recommend Rutland Cycles to friends or colleagues.
- We offer a 90 day returns period
- We will only refund return postage costs on damaged/ faulty goods and not if you have changed your mind or ordered incorrectly.
- If you would like us to arrange collection via courier then we can do so. Postage labels are also available. We can only refund up to £10 for private postage of faulty or damaged items.
- Refunds will only be returned to the original payment method — refunds usually take 2-3 working days, but it could be longer depending on your bank (starting on the day that your refund is issued by our returns team).
- We are unable to accept returns where the goods or packaging has been used, lost, damaged or is otherwise not in the condition you received it in. Bikes must be returned in a securely-packaged bike box.
- We cannot accept returns on food, energy products, videos, DVD's, face masks, personalised goods, software, gift vouchers, safety equipment or under garments.
- We are unable to offer a refund without proof of purchase.
- It is your responsibility to inspect your goods upon receipt to ensure they are what you have ordered. Once goods have been used it will be considered an acknowledgement that you are happy.
- Initial shipping costs are non-refundable.
- When returning your order under warranty please make sure any items of clothing, footwear or bikes have been suitably cleaned - failure to do this may delay or invalidate your warranty claim.
- Any damage caused in transit - as a result of inadequate packaging - is the responsibility of the sender. Signing for items that have clearly been damaged by the courier is the responsibility of the receiver.
If you choose to use either our DPD Local Drop off service or Royal Mail labels then a £3.50 charge will apply. This will be taken from your refund, or we will call you to take the payment manually. Parcels sent through these methods must not weigh more than 10 kilograms nor exceed dimensions of 50 centimetres x 50 centimetres x 60 centimetres.
We can often save you money on return postage of large or heavy items by using our couriers: we charge £15 for bulky/ high value items, £60 for standard bike collections and £100 for premium bike collections (depending on how it was delivered).
- Remember, if items are faulty, damaged or not as described then we can only refund up to £10 for return postage. In these instances we strongly recommend that you use our returns services.
- We recommend you obtain proof of postage or use a tracked service, as we cannot be held responsible for goods lost or damaged in transit. Please ensure that the service you use covers the value of the goods in the parcel.
- Refunds and/or exchanges will be issued once the products have been received and inspected by Rutland Cycling and after any postage charges have been applied.
- We do not offer free returns because we aim to keep the cost of the product as low as possible. Of course, if goods are found to be faulty, damaged or not as described, we will reimburse any cost incurred up to £10.
If the item that has been received is faulty, damaged or not as described then we will cover the cost of return postage [up to £10] and offer a refund or exchange. In these instances we would always recommend using our own shipping services.
Important information to note about returning faulty, damaged or not as described items:
- Rutland Cycling issue no warranties, all warranties are issued by manufacturers. For this reason we may need to send your goods to the manufacturer for inspection before taking any action. Please see the relevant manufacturer's website for full warranty information.
- Only products that are faulty, damaged or not as described from ourselves are eligible for free postage and returns/ exchanges. If damage has been caused through wear and tear, improper care or some other factor beyond our control then it will not be covered.
- Once an item has been used, or if packaging has been damaged it can still be returned to us, however we - and the manufacturer - reserve the right to offer a repair, replacement or partial refund.
- Remember it is your responsibility to ensure that returned items are packaged appropriately - any damage caused in transit [as a result of inadequate packaging] will be chargeable.
Please note: we cannot accept any cycle warranty claim or return for incorrect pedal fitment or damage to crank arms caused by incorrect assembly. If the wheel on the bike you've ordered becomes untrue through use, it is not covered under warranty. We always recommend having your bike assembled by a professional; failure to do this may invalidate your warranty.
For international returns, please contact us first, so we can organise the most cost effective method: call 0330 555 0080 (lines open Mon-Fri, 9.30am-5pm UK time), or email email@example.com.
When we custom build or you custom order bikes, wheels or wheel sets, considerable time and care is taken to build an end product specifically for you. We hope you'll be delighted with your new bike or wheels, but if you need to return your custom build, as a goodwill gesture we will accept it back. We will, however, deduct the following charges from your refund/credit, to cover the time and effort taken in creating your custom build:
- Custom built wheels and wheel sets: £15 per wheel
- Custom built bikes: minimum charge of £100
Please be aware that lithium ion batteries cannot be shipped using our pre-paid return labels. Lithium ion batteries can only be shipped when contained within equipment. If for any reason you need to return a lithium ion battery, please contact us beforehand.
All returns should be made to the following address:
Rutland Cycling Web Returns,
The Old Station Yard,