When hiring a bike, you'll need...
To pay with a credit or debit card (this is for security purposes)
An adult to book if you are under 16
To be responsible for the bike and hire equipment
To wear appropriate clothing: we recommend breathable, loose fit clothing, a couple of layers and a light showerproof jacket. We don't recommend cycling in sandals or flip flops
Booked online? You'll need to bring your confirmation email and a proof of ID
Show photo ID (driving licence or passport) if you are hiring an electric bike - this is required for security purposes
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I hiring from Nene Outdoors or Rutland Cycling?
Cycle hire at Ferry Meadows in Peterborough is provided by Nene Outdoors and is run from their Lakeside activity centre. Rutland Cycling provide - and maintain - their fleet of hire bikes.
What happens if we need to cancel our online booking?
No problem – just contact the store at least 24 hours beforehand, and we’ll transfer your booking to another day of your choice (subject to availability).
Can I hire a buggy, trailer or child seat and have it fitted to my own bicycle?
Unfortunately we are unable to hire these add-on items on their own. They can only be fitted to our hire bikes.
Do you offer any other concessions?
- We offer a 10% discount off cycle hire to NUS students and OAPs (aged 65+)
- Please present suitable photo ID – we are unable to give discount without it
- Available every day, except Bank Holiday weekends. Not in conjunction with any other offer
Can we pay for cycle hire in cash?
We ask all hirers to pay by credit or debit card – this is a condition of our insurance.
What is the minimum age to go cycling alone?
Age 16. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
How do I redeem a cycle hire voucher code?
- Cycle hire voucher codes may only be redeemed on online hire bookings, via www.rutlandcycling.com/hire
- Promotional codes may not be available at certain times as per their terms and conditions